Building a Legacy...

Thanks for dropping into our lives. It's the five of us journeying together. Each day is new and fresh and full of opportunities!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Life is a Movie....

We have some favorite movies.....oftentimes movies are just for relaxation and entertainment but they tell a little about us....what we like, we touches us, what makes us laugh, what inspires us, what world we wish we could escape to and what makes us thrive. Here's a few of ours...in no specific order...
  1. Hoosiers--Chad--Really this has to be the best movie in the whole world (Jessica is disagreeing with a silly little grin) but it really is. The movie is set in the 1950s in a small rural farming town big on basketball. It reminds me so much of the little "basketball only" town my grandfather lives in and my dad grew up in and I went to high school in. Plus it was an ideal time for America....not to mention the little town of Hickory takes on the big cities and wins the state championship...now that's the way to do it. One for the underdog.
  2. Shining Through--Jessica--it is a classic romantic, sappy movie. A love story with a happy ending is what Jessica is always looking for in a movie. Don't give me a sweet love story with a terrible ending...what's the point of watching the movie all that time only to end so terribly. This movie has all the requirements of one you can watch over and over again (although Chad won't watch a movie twice with the exception of "Hoosiers") Jessica and her mom know ever detail of the movie and still get all sappy watching it again and again.
  3. Enemy of the State--Chad--it isn't so much this particular movie as much as this type of movie. Chad loves the suspenseful, fight it out, hang in there, solve the mystery, prevail in the end kind of movie. Sometimes sitting on the edge of your seat and trying to figure out the next step is pretty exciting. Winning in the end is even more exciting! Chad likes these kind of movies.
  4. Dirty Dancing--Jessica--the romance, the dancing, the love in the air....did we mention the romance and the dancing? This is just what a good movie is made of.....a good love story, it all working out in the end. At the end of the day the guy gets the girl. Although I have to admit that as a parent now the movie is less appealing that when I first loved it in High School.
  5. A River Runs through It--Chad--1940s, fly fishing in the best fly fishing river in the entire world (snake river, Idaho) with your own brother...this is the life. For the fly fishing alone this movie is a classic. I can forsee a wonderful father, son trip to the Snake River one day....gotta learn how to fly fish first!
  6. Ann of Avonlea--Jessica--well, shock of all here is another sweet, loving romantic movie. It is just a sweet one. It's all about the love. Gilbert Blythe, her tormentor from school, her competitor and constant harassment and she finally fall in love on a bridge with the backdrop of a golden sunset....sweet love. A real classic.
More to come........tell us your favorites.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susan's favorites: 1. Mr. Holland's Opus--#1 music teacher movie....very inspiring....I always cry a lot and watch it the week before school starts in August. 2. Sister Act II--Another great music teacher movie...probably not as realistic, but very good and encouraging. 3. Remember the Titans--I love sports movies (Hoosiers is one of my favorites too.) Denzel Washington is a great actor and this movie is just great! 4. Sweet Home Alabama--here's my sappy romantic movie. I love the romance in this movie and it always gives me goosebumps!

    I also like any law movies! I also have to confess to one more of my favorites..."Lone Star State of Mind"...it is not the most wholesome, family movie, but is absolutely hilarious. I've never laughed so hard at any movie (it takes a lot to make me laugh--for instance, Jim Carrey doesn't really make me laugh) and I still laugh as hard every time I watch it. Anyways, there's my top 5 favorite movies. Jeremiah's are way different than mine. I also love the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger mindi11 said…

    Good movies :) Although, I've never seen "Shining Through" I'll have to look that one up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home