Building a Legacy...

Thanks for dropping into our lives. It's the five of us journeying together. Each day is new and fresh and full of opportunities!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Pet Peeves....Have any....post them here!

Ok, ok....everyone has them...pet peeves. You know the things that really P you off. The things that get under your skin and drive you CRAZY, with or without cause! Here's a few of ours. Leave us a comment and tell us yours.

Jessica's TOP Pet Peeves in Reverse Order:

3. Keeping things just for the sake of it. This is one of my husband's #1 traits. He thinks that everything that can be kept...should be. Everything has a purpose and besides, "You never know when you might find a use for this tiny ziplock bag that the screws came in" This man keeps everything....and I mean most everything. The good thing is that he is an organized "keeper" so everything has it place but wow....I think if you haven't used it in 2 years then for the love of all that is holy and righteous ditch it!
2. A Fake Sale. If you are going to advertise a sale make sure it is really a sale. FYI, 10-35% off is not a real sale. You should actually break the 50% mark to make a sale and if you want a REAL sale then it should be 70% off plus. I hate to stop for a "sale" that is really not and don't get me started on the buy 1 get 1 half off stuff...that is not a sale. Top of the list along these lines are expensive garage sale. If you love that little red pillow so much that you still think it is worth $12 because you paid $18 for it 2 years ago then keep it because at a yard sale we expect to pay 50 cents....maybe a buck and 50 cents. Overpriced yard sales are outrageous!
1. Knowing it ALL. If you know the cure to cancer (outside of Christ) then please let the authorities somewhere know. Nothing drives me crazier than when someone knows EVERYTHING about ever subject....especially about my kids. It seems too many folks are experts outside their fields. I am sure that they are all well-intentioned but really how many fields can one person be an expert in?


Chad's list:

3. Whining, Complaining. I hate to hear people whin and complain. I am not the compassionate one in our marriage! I typically have the suck it up, get over it, work through it, stop whining, move forward philosophy. When I work on something or am a part of something or take on something I give 110% so I hate to hear people whin that are giving 5%. If I show up early for a project, work my guts out, change my schedule and priorities to be there and give all I have I can't stand to hear someone who shows up late, sits around and whins about how inconvenient it was to be there or worse yet whin later why they couldn't make it at all.

2. Repetetive Sounds....drive me CRAZY! No one sound bothers me but the same sound for any prolonged period of time that is lasting over a couple of minutes starts to grate on my nerves! WHEW...I'd just rather shoot the perpetrator than listen for another minute. "STOP TAPPING THE WINDOW!!!"

1. Quiting before the job is done. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing drives me crazier than when someone makes a commitment, takes on a task, offers themselves, plugs in, etc. only to quickly thereafter or even a while thereafter drop out, stop, give up, throw in the towel, or drift away. Never abandon ship. I know that seasons change but I always want to know that if my role in anything changes it is because God has authorized it, required it and expects it. I want to know that my role or purpose has been accomplished. I hate when people give up or just quit....especially if they are doing so because it got tough or required a little work out of them.

OK, It's your turn now....tell us your pet peeves now.........

7 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My turn for the pet peeves. I'll try to keep this somewhat brief. (In no particular order): 1. Procrastination....I like things done on time, not at the last minute. 2. Lateness....it drives me crazy when I have to wait to do something because of somebody else who can't seem to show up on time. 3. Clutter...I'm with Jessica...I don't keep anything that I don't use on a regular basis. I like my house to be spotless, neat, and everything in its place at all times...no cups in the living room, no books/magazines on the table, etc. I know, I'm a freak...but a clean one! I guess I'll stop with these. I could go on and on, but I won't!! Thank the Lord! :)

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK I got one. People need to answer their phone...

    Anthony

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger The Gallaghers said…

    addition to my list...people that call but don't leave you a message or voicemail!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger mindi11 said…

    bad drivers--people that cut me off to turn right in front of me, people that speed up when i'm trying to pass, people that tail-gate me only to slow down to a crawl after they've passed me, etc. etc. etc.

    being late (late people don't bother me, but i hate the feeling of being late...which happens whenever we go ANYWHERE, b/c Dustin underestimates the time needed to get ready. You would think that after being with me for 5+ years he would have a grasp on that by now...

    poor customer service, especially when it is at a store that i shop at several times a week.

    parents that don't clean up after their kids at another persons home, also parents that let their kids run wild in someone's home. why should discipline stop at my front door?

    i should probably stop here, before you all realize how easily annoyed i get. :) but this was a fun topic.

    Jessica--you are the yard sale queen :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Gallaghers said…

    OK, I guess I will repent...this is Chad....Mindi sorry for all the times I cut you off on the highway and sped up whenever you were trying to pass....:) Please forgive!!!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got peeved just reading everyone's peeves. Next!
    Maybe everyone needs a blog to peeve on! Ha!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Chad,
    repetetive sounds must be one of those inherited things! I have the same problem. Aunt Dot

     

Post a Comment

<< Home