Building a Legacy...

Thanks for dropping into our lives. It's the five of us journeying together. Each day is new and fresh and full of opportunities!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Misc. happenings and musing

  • So Harriet Miers is out. I hate that she went through that...no one likes to go through that kind of heat and then have to pull out of the fight without a victory. I imagine it is even tougher for the President to let it go. Let's hope he nominates a true, proven, strict constructionist conservative judge to replace her. If there is a fight in the Senate to get the nominee through....welcome it and get it done!
  • Astros lost all four games giving the White Sox their first win of the world series since 1917. Having been born in Houston and living there until I was 13, I am a big Astros fan. I really hate that they didn't win....I wanted them to make it. I have to admit though that having watched the two teams the Soxs certainly deserved it. They are a great team.
  • Jessica and Chad teach a retreat this weekend at a retreat center south of Dallas. It should be a great time. Will be hosted by Bob and Teresa Nix, a lifelong relationship. Bob was Chad's pastor as a kid and they were a part of our wedding as well.
  • H is dressing as Laura Ingalls and G as a cheerleader for the upcoming pagan holiday!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Christy said…

    Response:
    Harriet--bless her heart. Don't people know, it's BETTER to have less court experience...it makes you statistically MORE conservative. Not to mention--she's a STRONG believer. She had a real heart change--she knows Jesus. Big time. What a disappointment that so many turned on her. There are better choices..but with the senate raging, who wants to subject themselves to it??

    Astros: I love those guys, too. Too bad about the shutout.

    Retreat: Have fun! I'm jealous...i NEED a retreat!

    Pagan holiday: Those girls are a hoot! But a better costume would be Laura Ingalls AS a cheerleader! Love yall!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said…

    that costume seems a little twisted!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meirs withdraw, This shows that...

    GWB is a president who grew in the job and adapted to changing circumstances. As Jennings Osborn stated earlier this week, "He's still my hero."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home